- By accessing the website, you indicate your acceptance of these Terms. If you do not accept these Terms, then do not use the website. In these Terms, when we describe use of the website, we mean accessing it, submitting content to it, or uploading content to it, whether or not you access it directly or when it is hosted by third-party platforms, e.g. social media.
- These Terms may be amended or updated by us from time to time without notice. The Terms may have changed since your last visit to the website. It is your responsibility to review these Terms for any changes. Your use after any amendments or updates of these Terms indicates your acceptance of the revised Terms. Any new features that may be added to the website from time to time will be subject to these Terms. We recommend that you visit this page periodically to review these Terms.
- In addition to the general information about us, our business, and the insurance services we provide, we may provide quotes and estimates for various insurance policies that we offer. Your use of these services is purely voluntary and not meant to constitute a binding offer of insurance when inputted or when you receive the results. We may, or our partners may, contact you about the information you provide to our quoting and estimating engines.
- Inputs Nonbinding. For the avoidance of doubt, providing you with a quote for an insurance product does not constitute a binding offer for any insurance product no matter the language used, or content displayed. You acknowledge that further materials will need to be provided and further action on your part will be required to bind yourself to an insurance policy.
- You do not need an account to use the website, however you may be able to access further services by registering an account on our site. You agree and acknowledge that registration to access these services is completely voluntary and provided as a courtesy to you. The content made available to you is for information purposes only. This content may include information about policies you have purchased through our services, policies that have been proposed to you, information concerning the payment for these policies, and claims procedures. To register for an account, you will be required to provide your personal information such as your name, e-mail, and address. You will also be required to select a username and password. You are responsible for all activity that occurs on your account, so please select a strong password and do not share it with any other individual or entity. We are not liable for any of the activity occurring on your account, including any unauthorized access to your account. Please notify us immediately if you believe your account has been compromised. PLEASE NOTE, IN THE EVENT WE MAKE AVAILABLE TO YOU, THROUGH ACCESS TO YOUR ACCOUNT, THE ABILITY TO REQUEST A RENEWAL, MODIFICATION, OR CANCELATION OF YOUR INSURANCE POLICY, THAT RENEWAL, MODIFICATION, OR CANCELATION WILL NOT BECOME EFFECTIVE UNTIL CONFIRMED WITH YOU BY A INSURANCE BROKER.
- Your Content. In some situations, there may an opportunity for you to upload content to be displayed on the website. All information, data, text, comments, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted to the website by you whether in forums or otherwise is referred to as “User Content”. User Content your sole responsibility. Further:
- Liability. Users, not us, are entirely responsible for all User Content. We do not control or actively monitor User Content and, as such, we do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of User Content. You acknowledge that by using the website or the services it provides, you may be exposed to materials that are offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any materials, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any materials, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the viewing or use of any User Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the website or its services.
- Our Rights in User Content. We reserve the right at all times (but will have no obligation) to remove or refuse to distribute any User Content and to terminate your use of the website or reclaim your username. We also reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as we reasonably believe is necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (ii) enforce these Terms, including investigation of potential violations hereof, (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (iv) respond to user support requests, or (v) protect the rights, property or safety of our users and the public.
- Restricted User Content. In using the website or its services, you agree not to: (i) copy any content unless expressly permitted to do so herein; (ii) impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; (iii) interfere with or disrupt the website or servers or networks connected to the website, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to the website or probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures; (iv) intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, provincial, national or international law or regulation;(v) collect or store personal data about other users or viewers; (vi) license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, host, or otherwise commercially exploit the website; (vii) modify, translate, make derivative works of, disassemble, decompile, reverse compile or reverse engineer any software provided as part of the website, except to the extent the foregoing restrictions are expressly prohibited by applicable law; (viii) register for any service on behalf of a group or corporate entity, or (xi) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that:
- is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially or ethnically objectionable, encourages criminal behavior, gives rise to civil liability, violates any law, or is otherwise objectionable;
- you do not have a right to make available under any law or under a contractual relationship;
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party (including privacy rights);
- is or contains unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations for business, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or data or the website or that of any users or viewers of the website or that compromises a user’s privacy; or
- contains any falsehoods or misrepresentations or create an impression that you know is incorrect, misleading, or deceptive, or any material that could damage or harm minors in any way.
- License of User Content. By submitting, posting or displaying User Content on the website, you grant us (and our agents) a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, sublicensable, license to use, copy, modify, transmit, display and distribute such User Content. You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the rights granted herein to any User Content that you submit.
- End User License. Other than User Content, the website and the information and materials that it contains, are our intellectual property and/or proprietary information of our partners and licensors, and are protected from unauthorized copying and dissemination by copyright law, trademark law, and other intellectual property laws. Subject to these Terms, we grant you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, license to use the website for your use. Nothing in these Terms gives you a right to use our names, trademarks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features without our prior written consent. Any future release, update, or other addition to functionality of the website shall be subject to these Terms.
- Reviews. We may, from time to time, include functionality on the website that allows us to collect feedback from you, our users and our customers. You acknowledge that any feedback you provide is User Content as described in the preceding section. You further acknowledge that, pursuant to that section, we have a license to use, modify, and display this User Content. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we will maintain the integrity of the feedback provided and not alter it or display it in a way that is design to mislead or does not correspond to the spirit in which it was provided.
- Feedback. If you provide us with any suggestions, comments or other feedback relating to any aspect of the website ("Feedback"), we may use the Feedback on the website or in any other products or services we provide. Accordingly, you agree that: (a) we are not subject to any confidentiality obligations in respect to the Feedback, (b) the Feedback is not your confidential or proprietary information or any third party and you have all of the necessary rights to disclose the Feedback to us, (c) we may freely use, reproduce, publicize, license, distribute, and otherwise commercialize the Feedback, and (d) you are not entitled to receive any compensation or re-imbursement of any kind from us in respect of the Feedback.
- Advertising. You acknowledge and agree that the website may contain advertisements for third party products and services. If you elect to have any business dealings with a third party whose products or services may be advertised on the website, you acknowledge and agree that such dealings are solely between you and such advertiser and you further acknowledge and agree that we shall not have any responsibility or liability for any losses or damages that you may incur as a result of any such dealings.
- Links & Third-Party Websites. The website, including User Content, contains links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by us. In no event shall any reference to any third party or any third party product or service, be construed as an approval or endorsement by us of that third party, third party product or service. We are not responsible for the content of any linked websites. Any third-party websites or services accessed from the website are subject to the terms and conditions of those websites and or services. The presence on the website of a link to any other website(s) does not imply that we endorse or accept any responsibility for the content or use of those websites, and you hereby release us from all liability and damages that may arise from your use of those websites or receipt of products or services from those websites.
- Disclaimer of representations, warranties and conditions. The website, services, and all materials provided therein are provided "as is." We specifically disclaim all representations, warranties and conditions, either express, implied, statutory, by usage of trade, course of dealing or otherwise including but not limited to any implied warranties of merchantability, non-infringement, title, satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Any information or material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the website is at your own discretion and risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system, loss of data, or any other loss that results from downloading or using any such material. We do not warrant, endorse, guarantee, provide any conditions or representations, or assume any responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by any third party through the website or in respect to any website that can be reached from a link on the website or featured in any banner or other advertising on the website, and we shall not be a party to any transaction that you may enter into with any such third party.
- Limitation of liability. Under no circumstances shall we be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential, exemplary or other damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, any damages that result from (i) your use of or your inability to use this website or the services, (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods, data, information or services, (iii) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies in the materials on the website, (iv) personal injury or property damage of any kind whatsoever arising from or relating to your use of the service, any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or any other files or data that may be harmful to computer or communication equipment or data that may have been transmitted to or through the website, or (v) any errors or omissions in any material on the website or materials provided by third parties, or any other loss or damage of any kind arising from or relating to your use of the website. These limitations shall apply even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, our liability to you for any damages arising from or related to this agreement (for any cause whatsoever and regardless of the form of the action), will at all times be limited to the greater of (a) fifty Canadian dollars ($50) or (b) amounts you’ve paid us in the prior 12 months (if any). The foregoing limitations shall apply to the fullest extension permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction.
- Indemnification. You shall indemnify and hold us and our subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and employees, harmless from all claims, actions, proceedings, demands, damages, losses, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees), incurred in connection with your use of, or any materials submitted, posted, transmitted or made available to you through the website and/or any violation by you of these Terms.
- Termination. We may, under certain circumstances and without prior notice, immediately terminate your ability to access the Website or portions thereof. Cause for such termination shall include, but not be limited to, (a) breaches or violations of these Terms or any other agreement that you may have with us (including, without limitation, non-payment of any fees owed in connection with the website or otherwise owed), (b) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies, (c) a request by you, (d) discontinuance or material modification to the website (or any part thereof), (e) unexpected technical, security or legal issues or problems, and/or (f) participation by you, directly or indirectly, in fraudulent or illegal activities. Termination of your access to the Website may also include removal of some or all of the materials uploaded by you to the website. You acknowledge and agree that all terminations may be made by us in our sole discretion and that we shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to this website or for the removal of any of the materials uploaded by you to the website. Any termination of these Terms by us shall be in addition to any and all other rights and remedies that we may have.
- Availability & Updates. We may alter, suspend, or discontinue the website at any time and for any reason or no reason, without notice. The website or any service it provides may be unavailable from time to time due to maintenance or malfunction of computer or network equipment or other reasons. We may periodically add or update the information and materials on the website without notice.
- Security. Information sent or received over the Internet is generally unsecure and we cannot and do not make any representation or warranty concerning security of any communication to or from the website or any representation or warranty regarding the interception by third parties of personal or other information. You are responsible for safeguarding any password that you use to access any website service and you are responsible for any activities or actions under your password. You agree to keep your password secure. We will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these requirements.
If you have any questions about these Terms or if you wish to make any complaint or claim with respect to the website, please contact us at: [email protected].